The City of Akron is seeking proposals from food service vendors for the summer season at Lock 3, owned and operated by the City of Akron.
1. Valid license to conduct a Food service Operation (FSO) in the County of Summit, and compliance with all rules and regulations of the Summit County Health Department.
2. Valid Vendor’s Permit from the State of Ohio Department of Taxation, and compliance with its rules and regulations. (An Itinerant Vendors Permit from the City of Akron is not required to operate a food service within the Lock 3 venue.)
3. Agreement to abide by the Lock 3 Vendor Rules and Regulations (attached) including insurance requirements and agreement to pay the required fees to the City of Akron.
City of Akron
Lock 3 Vendor Rules and Regulations
1. By requesting participation at Lock 3 events, the vendor is agreeing to observe all rules, and to be present at all dates of all events for the time required. If you do not show up or cancel less than 7 days prior to event you will be removed from all Lock 3 events for 2 seasons.
2. Location: Lock 3 Entertainment Venue in downtown Akron, 200 S. Main St.
3. Dates: Generally, Lock 3 events are Fridays: The last week of May through the first weekend of Septermber - Excluding festivals which vendors must apply for separately.
4. Times are approximately 6:00pm – 11:00pm nightly. Some shows may start earlier. Vendors are expected to be ready and open for business when gates open, and to remain open for the duration of the event until concessions are closed by the park manager. Gates open ½ hour before show starts. Vendors must arrive and be ready for inspection NO LATER than 4pm day of event.
5. Fees: ALL VENDORS MUST PAY $65 per event day, fee will be collected day of.
6. Menu: Food items must be approved by the city. The City of Akron will be selling all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
7. Utilities: Limited water and electricity are available.
8. Vendors may sell and/or distribute printed advertising, samples and souvenirs and may display artwork from within the vendor’s own space only; provided that all distributed and/or displayed materials shall be subject to the approval of the City of Akron.
9. The vendor contact listed on the application shall be authorized to make all decisions regarding exhibiting at the summer events at Lock 3 Venue on behalf of the vendor.
10. Vendor shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of Akron, the Akron Civic Theatre, and all sponsors and employees, representatives and agents of each from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and charges (including attorneys fees and costs) for injury, loss or damage to the property of persons (including death) arising out of the vendors activities in connection with the events at Lock 3, or any breach of representation. The City of Akron, the Downtown Akron Partnership, and all sponsors and employees, representatives and agents of each shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, costs and charges (including attorneys fees) arising out of an injury, loss or damage to the person or property of Vendor, its employees, representatives or agents. Vendor shall provide and maintain in effect workers’ compensation and employee liability (if applicable) and comprehensive general liability insurance containing a waiver of subrogation in favor of the City of Akron in such amounts acceptable to the City of Akron and evidence of such shall be provided to the City of Akron promptly upon its request.
11. Vendor shall pay any and all sales taxes, fees and assessments required by any applicable federal, state, or local law in connection with Vendor’s participation in the summer events at Lock 3 Venue. Vendor shall indemnify, defend, and hold the City of Akron harmless for any and all taxes (including fees and penalties, if any) required to be paid by the City of Akron in connection with the Vendor’s activities. Vendor shall provide the City of Akron with all requested documentation to evidence vendor’s compliance with tax laws and rules.
12. If for any reason a summer event at Lock 3 is cancelled or rescheduled, Vendor’s shall have no remedy whatsoever.
13. Failure to adhere to provided schedule and times may result in forfeiture of Vendor’s permission to participate in this and future Lock 3 Venue events.
14. Vendor is required to keep allotted space and surrounding area clean and free of trash and debris. While onsite, vendor needs to act as a representative of the City of Akron Lock 3, behaving in a courteous, friendly, and non-discriminatory manner towards patrons and staff.
15. Vendor space is only guaranteed during the scheduled Rock the Lock and Lock 3 Saturday Night 2018 events.